Notify the Department of Revenue (DOR) about a legal name change.

Learn how to update your legal name or new address with the Department of Revenue (DOR). If your legal name or address changes, you will need to contact DOR in order to have your legal name or address updated. Changing your legal name or address with the Social Security Administration, Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), or any other agency does not automatically update your information with DOR. To update your legal name with DOR, you can send proof of your legal name change to DOR through the mail or an e-message. Documents that establish proof of a legal name change include:

  • A copy of your driver’s license
  • Social Security card.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *