MTPC works to ensure the wellbeing, safety and lived equity of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people in Massachusetts.
We educate the public; advocate at state, local, and national levels; and through collective action, we mobilize community, engage in capacity building, and advance community wellness and prosperity.
We envision a world where all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people
– are valued and celebrated;
– fully participate and thrive in all areas of society;
– actualize our full potential and self-determination to shape the future.
- Trans Leadership
- Collective Liberation
- Power Sharing
We honor the full range of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive identities and experiences. As we collectively struggle against all forms of oppression, MTPC serves as a political home for all gender expansive people to support, mobilize, and advocate for our community.
We understand oppression to be the experience of repeated, widespread, systemic injustice based on but not limited to: race, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, class, disability status, sexuality, sex assigned at birth, education, religion, nationality, immigration status, age, size/BMI, language capacity, HIV status, and history of incarceration and court involvement.
We are committed to creating a culture of intersectional and multigenerational learning; building and sharing community power; and participating in community mobilization, and coalition building. Although MTPC’s work focuses on the wellbeing, safety, and lived equity of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people, ultimately, our work is inherently tied to the collective liberation of all oppressed peoples.
We work to:
- Build broad-based participation and community power;
- Build a statewide presence and serve all of Massachusetts
- Support the development of leaders and coalitions;
- Draw strength from all of our communities’ experiences and identities;
- Learn from our history and evolve consciously;
- Honor the experiences and voices of elders and youth;
- Be accountable to the communities in which we work.
MTPC is one of the strongest, most recognized organizations of its kind, educating the public, building leadership, and empowering community through collective action.