MTPC works to ensure the wellbeing, safety and lived equity of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people in Massachusetts.
We educate the public; advocate at state, local, and national levels; and through collective action, we mobilize community, engage in capacity building, and advance community wellness and prosperity.
That’s where you come in!
Join the Steering Committee
The Steering Committee manages and supervises the Executive Director and MTPC’s overall work, as well as serving on MTPC’s other working committees. For a complete description of the Steering Committee roles and responsibilities, please refer to MTPC’s Bylaws.
- Steering Committee – Oversees the activities and long-term vision of MTPC. Lead or assist at fundraisers and act as MTPC ambassadors at public events. New members are nominated by current members or staff from among those already involved with the work of MTPC, so that their guidance is informed by familiarity with MTPC and demonstrated commitment to trans communities.
- Policy – Develops transgender-inclusive policies and best practices for state agencies and other organizations.
- Community Engagement – Coordinates community volunteers to represent MTPC at events, Pride festivals, and meetings.
- Training and Education – Educates agencies, organizations, businesses and others about trans people. Creates training materials, teaches MTPC members to become trainers, and selects trainers to fulfill requests.
- Fundraising and Events – Helps develop the funding needed for MTPC’s operations. Ranges from throwing house parties to organizing public events (like Professionals for Trans Rights) to recruiting donors.
- Interfaith Committee For Trans Equality – Educates faith communities on inclusion and celebration of transgender youth, adults, and families in all congregations.