The Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition is dedicated to ending oppression and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression. We envision a world where people of all genders are treated with respect and fully participate in all areas of society, free from fear of prohibition, harassment or violence based on their gender identity or expression.
To that end we educate the public, advocate with state, local, and federal government, engage in activism, and encourage empowerment of community members through collective action. That’s where you come in!
- Steering Committee – Oversees the activities and long-term vision of MTPC. Lead or assist at fundraisers and act as MTPC ambassadors at public events. New members are nominated by current members or staff from among those already involved with the work of MTPC, so that their guidance is informed by familiarity with MTPC and demonstrated commitment to trans communities.
- Policy – Develops transgender-inclusive policies and best practices for state agencies and other organizations.
- Community Engagement – Coordinates community volunteers to represent MTPC at events, Pride festivals, and meetings.
- Training and Education – Educates agencies, organizations, businesses and others about transgender people. Creates training materials, teaches MTPC members to become trainers, and selects trainers to fulfill requests.
- Fundraising and Events – Helps develop the funding needed for MTPC’s operations. Ranges from throwing house parties to organizing public events (like Professionals for Transgender Rights) to recruiting donors.
- Interfaith Committee For Trans Equality – Educates faith communities on inclusion and celebration of transgender youth, adults, and families in all congregations.