While there are many legal, advocacy, and social organizations focused broadly on the LGBTQ+ community there are very few that are led by and created specifically for the transgender community, and in Massachusetts, MTPC is that organization.
MTPC provides a consistent voice to key decision makers about the lives of transgender, nonbinary, and gender-expansive children, youth, adults, elders and their families in Massachusetts.
This programming was created in direct response to the needs voiced by transgender, nonbinary, and gender-expansive people through requests and further reiterated in the findings of MTPC’s 2019 community needs assessment.
Our work includes:
- organizing transgender people to empower and advocate for themselves
- developing leadership within transgender communities through community education and opportunities
- educating the public, the media, and institutions about issues faced by transgender communities
- increasing awareness of policy makers about the needs of transgender communities and
- advocating for equity and equal access through policy changes at institutional, state, and local levels
The aim of MTPC’s programming is to improve the lives of the Massachusetts transgender, nonbinary and gender-expansive children, youth, adults, elders and their families.