While there are many advocacy organizations focused broadly on the LGBTQ+ community there are very few that are led by and created specifically for the trans community, and in Massachusetts, MTPC is that organization.
MTPC provides a consistent voice to key decision makers about the lives of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive communities in Massachusetts. MTPC is creating a Leadership Development Program to provide our community members with the tools needed to propel their leadership forward.
This programming was created in direct response to the needs voiced by trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive community members across Massachusetts. MTPC has gathered this information through ongoing individual requests for support and findings from the 2019 community needs assessment conducted by MTPC (Read the full report and summary infographic).
Our work includes:
- Organizing trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people to empower and advocate for themselves.
- Developing leadership within trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive communities through community education and opportunities.
- Educating the public, the media, and institutions about issues faced by trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive communities.
- Increasing awareness of policy makers about the needs of trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive communities.
- Advocating for equity and equal access through policy changes at institutional, state, and local levels.
The aim of MTPC’s programming is to improve the lives of all trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive community members in Massachusetts. Read more about our strategic plan.