See below for an exciting opportunity to join the MTPC team:
Title: Operations Coordinator
Time: 20 hours a week (2.5 days/week)
Location: Massachusetts, with access to transportation into the greater Boston area 2-5 days a month.
MTPC is looking for a part-time operations coordinator. This position requires flexibility, strong communications skills, an organized work style, and patience. We are looking for someone with experience, either personal or professional, with trans and gender nonconforming identities, rights, and advocacy. The ideal candidate will be goal oriented and self motivated. The operations coordinator will be responsible for aspects of the day-to-day operations and communications within the organization.
MTPC is committed to the professional development of our team members. This position will include access to workshops, seminars, and other professional development opportunities. Additionally, this position will provide great introductory experience in nonprofit communications, administration, and advocacy.
- Respond to inquiries (via email and phone) and provide referrals to applicable services, organizations, and/or venues
- Coordinate public communications, including (but not limited to): social media content, newsletters, event invitations, website, blog, etc.
- Work with and update the constituent database
- Work with leadership on tracking expenses and revenue
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for organizational events, trainings, or speaking requests
- Represent MTPC at community events, such as Pride, Transgender Day of Remembrance, conferences, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Comprehensive understanding of the landscape of trans and gender nonconforming identities, rights, and advocacy
- A working knowledge of WordPress websites, Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, MailChimp (newsletter), and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
- Experience with CRM and database systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with LGBTQ organizations, both local and national
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Detail oriented
- Advanced problem solving abilities
How to Apply
Or, you can send a cover letter and resume here: email@example.com
If you have questions, comments or concerns about the application, please contact us via email (above), or in the office: 617-778-0519 x6
We will accept applications until October 20, 2017, and hope to make a hire by November 1, 2017. This timeline is subject to change depending on the number of applications.