Transgender Emergency Fund of MA

The Transgender Emergency Fund (TEF) supports low-income and homeless transgender individuals in Massachusetts, assisting with homelessness prevention, shelter assistance, nutrition assistance, prescription co-pay assistance, transportation and escort to medical appointments, etc. All services are contingent on the availability of funds.

Services provided include:

  • HRT prescription co-pays
  • Personal supplies – soap, toothpaste, deodorant, lotion, etc.
  • Homelessness prevention “client must have income to sustain apartment”
  • Rental start up “client must have income to sustain apartment”
  • Clothing for winter months
  • Air mattresses
  • Laundry money
  • Transportation to medical appointments
  • Assistance relocating due to harassment
  • New/replacement state ID with gender marker change

Learn how to update your legal name or new address with the Department of Revenue (DOR). If your legal name or address changes, you will need to contact DOR in order to have your legal name or address updated. Changing your legal name or address with the Social Security Administration, Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), or any other agency does not automatically update your information with DOR. To update your legal name with DOR, you can send proof of your legal name change to DOR through the mail or an e-message. Documents that establish proof of a legal name change include:

  • A copy of your driver’s license
  • Social Security card.