I AM: Trans People Speak is a project aimed at raising awareness about the diversity that exists within trans communities. Giving a voice to trans individuals, as well as their families, friends, and allies.
I AM: Trans People Speak
I AM: Trans People Speak is a project to raise awareness about the diversity that exists within transgender communities. It gives a voice to transgender individuals, as well as their families,
friends, and allies.
Together we can make our own media and continue to make a positive change in the representation of transgender people. We do this by focusing on the full individual. Transgender people come from a range of experiences and backgrounds, including age, race, ethnicity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
I AM Goals
This project will allow transgender people, family members, friends, and allies to:
- Empower themselves through sharing their own stories and speaking for
- Be visible by participating in a nation-wide project
- Show the diversity of backgrounds and experiences that exist within
- Provide a forum to learn about, connect with, and find support
through the stories of other community members
- Educate the public about the reality of transgender peoples lives and the unique challenges they face due to pervasive bias, stereotypes, and misunderstanding.