Transgender Emergency Fund of MA
The Transgender Emergency Fund (TEF) supports low-income and homeless transgender individuals in Massachusetts, assisting with homelessness prevention, shelter assistance, nutrition assistance, prescription co-pay assistance, transportation and escort to medical appointments, etc. All services are contingent on the availability of funds.
Services provided include:
- HRT prescription co-pays
- Personal supplies – soap, toothpaste, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Homelessness prevention “client must have income to sustain apartment”
- Rental start up “client must have income to sustain apartment”
- Clothing for winter months
- Air mattresses
- Laundry money
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Assistance relocating due to harassment
- New/replacement state ID with gender marker change