The Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) is dedicated to ending oppression and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression.
Rooted in social justice, we educate the public, advocate with state, local, and federal government, engage in activism, and encourage empowerment of community members through collective action.
We envision a world where persons of all genders are treated with respect and fully participate in all areas of society, free from fear, harassment, or violence based on their gender identity and/or expression.
We understand oppression to be an imbalance of power intrinsically linked to the privileges bestowed on some at the expense of others, based on but not limited to: race, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, class, disability, sexuality, religion, citizenship status, age, language capacity, and history of incarceration and court involvement.
We work to:
- Build broad-based participation and community power;
- Support the development of leaders and coalitions;
- Draw strength from diverse experiences and identities;
- Learn from our history and evolve consciously;
- Value the experiences and voices of elders and youth;
- Include those who are not fully visible;
- Be accountable to the communities in which we work.