Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) is looking for a new logo.
In the past 11 years, we’ve grown immensely as an organization. We need a new logo that reminds us of where we’ve been and inspires us for the future.
Entries that do not follow all of these requirements will be disqualified.
- All submissions must include entrant’s name, age, postal zip code, and email address.
- We will accept no more than 2 design submissions per entrant.
- Each design must be submitted as a high resolution PDF, EPS, JPG, or TIF.
- Each file must be no larger than 5MB.
- Designs may use only CMYK colors and have no more than 2 colors in addition to black.
- Designs must also look good when converted to grayscale and black and white.
- The acronym “MTPC” must be incorporated into the logo. The logo should not contain any other text.
- Design entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than Monday, November 19 at 5 pm EST. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within 1 week of receipt. If you do not hear from us in a timely manner and feel your entry may have been lost, please let us know and include a copy of the original message showing the header with the original time and date stamp.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any preexisting design.
- All designs submitted will become property of the MTPC and may be displayed on the internet, in print, and elsewhere.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to MTPC.
- Make it timeless so that it won’t look old-fashioned in 5 years.
- Make it memorable, to allow immediate recognition.
- Express the history, reputation, and credibility of the MTPC.
- Don’t be overly representational (no human figures or outlines of Massachusetts).
- Be sure the image resizes well. The image should look good on a poster and as a small Twitter icon.
- Be sure the image translates well to grayscale and to black and white. We advise against the use of halftones, gradients, and spot colors.
Selection of Winner
- A jury will select the top five entries and choose the grand prize winner. All decisions are final.
- The winning designer will receive a transfabulous MTPC gift basket that includes a 1 ticket to MTPC’s Lawyers for Trans Rights Event in April 2013, 1 MTPC T-shirt, Kate Bornstein’s book Hello, Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks & Other Outlaws, a CD from Good Asian Drivers, a CrimethInc. Gender Subversion Kit poster, and I ♥ Trans People buttons and stickers. The four runners-up will win a CrimethInc. poster, Good Asian Drivers CD, and I ♥ Trans People buttons and stickers.
- The winning designer must be available and willing to modify their submission and convert the file, if necessary.
- MTPC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion and without explanation.
- MTPC reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, it deems that no suitable entries are received.