updated 02-03-2014

File Discrimination Complaint (MCAD)

How to file with the MA Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) for Gender-Based Housing or Employment Discrimination

[download pdf version]

How the MCAD Process Works

A charge of gender-based discrimination* must be filed in person at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD). If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should go directly to one of the MCAD locations in Boston, Worcester or Springfield within 300 days of the incident.

What you should bring?

Bring any relevant names, dates, addresses, telephone numbers, witnesses’ names; and any other paperwork that will help investigate and establish your allegation of unlawful discrimination.

For employment: Have your employer’s name, address, the approximate number of employees and name of parent company.

For housing: Have the landlord’s or property manager’s name and/or the real estate agent’s name.

For public accommodations: Bring the name of the owner or manager of the establishment.
Office Hours:8:45am – 5:00pm, Monday – FridayMost claims take about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete from start to finish.

MCAD Boston
(617) 994-6000
John McCormack Building
One Ashburton Place
6th floor, Room 601
Boston, MA 02108

MCAD Worcester
(413) 739-2145
Worcester City Hall
455 Main Street
Room 100
Worcester, MA 01608

MCAD Springfield
(508) 799-8010
436 Dwight Street
2nd floor, Room 220
Springfield, MA 01103

*Transgender Discrimination currently falls under “Sex” discrimination and/or Disability discrimination under the MCAD regulations.