updated 09-06-2016

Discrimination and Hate Crime Resources

The following resources can be helpful to you if you’ve experienced discrimination and are wondering what you can do about it. You are also welcome to send us an email at info@masstpc.org. We’ll do what we can to help, but please check out these resources first, as we will most often refer you to one or more of them.

Statewide Help

If you believe that you have been the victim of discrimination or a hate crime because of your gender identity or gender expression, the following resources may be helpful (residents of Boston & Cambridge should also pursue these avenues):

Boston and Cambridge


If you experience discrimination from a Boston Police officer, please file a complaint HERE. If you prefer to contact the Internal Affairs Division directly by phone to file a complaint, please call 617-343-4320, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Please let MTPC know so we can track these complaints, HERE.

Public Accommodation, Housing, Credit

If you have been discriminated against because of gender identity/gender expression in public accommodation, housing, or credit, the following may be able to help you file a complaint and obtain compensation or restoration:

  • Boston Mayor’s 24 Hour Help Line: 617-635-4500
    Or, file by email
  • Cambridge Cambridge Human Rights Commission: 617-349-4396
    Hours: 8:30 – 5:00; after-hours answering machine in both English and Spanish

Other Resources