Founded in 2001, the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) is dedicated to ending discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression.
We envision a world where persons of all genders are treated with respect and fully participate in all areas of society, free from fear of prohibition, harassment or violence based on their gender identity and/or expression.
To that end we educate the public, advocate with state, local, and federal government, engage in activism, and encourage empowerment of community members through collective action.
- Promoting social and economic justice & equality;
- Working against all forms of oppression;
- Building broad-based participation and community power;
- Developing leaders and building coalitions;
- Drawing strength from diverse experiences and identities;
- Learning from our history and elders;
- Growing through challenge and critique;
- Including those who cannot be fully visible;
- Being accountable to the communities for which we work.